3rd Canadian Food Summit 2014: From Strategy to Action
Metro Toronto Convention Centre •
| || ||JOIN US for the 3rd Canadian Food Summit! |
Take part in the launch of the Canadian Food Strategy—Find out how it could benefit your organization!
The Conference Board’s Centre for Food in Canada (CFIC) invites you to join us at the 3rd Canadian Food Summit 2014: From Strategy to Action. This major, international event focuses on implementing the actions recommended in the Canadian Food Strategy. The emphasis will be on leveraging opportunities and finding workable solutions—constructive ways to make the most of our opportunities, resources and talent to achieve the great economic potential of the food sector and meet the full range of Canadians’ food needs.
Why a Canadian Food Strategy?
Food impacts Canadians in an extraordinary range of ways: it affects our lives, our health, our jobs and our economy.
There is a new urgency to safeguard and sustain the health and profitability of the producers, manufacturers, shippers, traders, distributors and retailers in Canada’s food system, who are pivotal to ensuring the quality, healthiness and safety of the food supply to Canadians. Appetites are growing for a national strategy for food—a grand vision—that connects the parts and the players in the food system and that can guide and stimulate efforts to change it.
The Centre for Food in Canada has responded to this need by developing a Canadian Food Strategy—a comprehensive, action-oriented framework that expresses a shared vision for the future of food in Canada and meets our country’s need for a coordinated, long-term strategy.
3rd Canadian Food Summit 2014 will feature international best practices in food strategy implementation from Scotland, Australia, the UK, and other leading countries in the midst of implementing their own national strategies. It will also feature delegate engagement sessions for stakeholders to explore how they can collaborate on implementing the Canadian Food Strategy, and help define a future Conference Board indicators report that will measure and track the food sector’s annual progress on achieving the goals and desired outcomes set-out in the Strategy.
As a delegate you will:
- take part in the launch of the Canadian Food Strategy, and hear about future Conference Board plans in the area of food
- gain insights from the Summit’s high-profile international keynote speakers who will share their novel perspectives on implementing national food strategies, engaging the key players to take action, building strategic partnerships, and tracking results
- help to shape the implementation plan for the Canadian Food Strategy by sharing your ideas and feedback in our engagement sessions
- learn about future opportunities and areas of potential growth for the food sector
The 3rd Canadian Food Summit will focus on these key themes:
- Industry Prosperity—Increasing the output and profitability of Canada’s food industry to contribute to national economic growth and our global competitiveness.
- Healthy Food—Improving the health of food products and the diets of Canadians as obesity and chronic diseases become an increasing concern.
- Food Safety—Ensuring that food safety is maintained throughout the supply chain as globalization grows.
- Household Food Security—Improving food security to ensure that all Canadians have access to safe, affordable and nutritious food.
- Environmental Sustainability—Sustaining the environment while increasing agricultural output as countries seek to feed their rapidly growing populations.
Don’t miss your chance to be among the first to see the Canadian Food Strategy!
We'd like to thank our generous sponsors for their contribution to this event.
The details of this event are subject to change. Please revisit this page periodically for updated information.