4th Canadian Food Summit 2015
Hilton Toronto •
| || ||JOIN US for the 4th Canadian Food Summit! |
The Conference Board’s Centre for Food in Canada (CFIC) invites you to join us at the 4th Canadian Food Summit 2015. This major, international event focuses on exploring the future of Canada’s food sector, and examines our national progress on implementing the Canadian Food Strategy (CFS). We are bringing together hundreds of key stakeholders from across Canada’s entire food system and beyond—share the latest research insights, and leverage new opportunities to enhance our food performance.
The 4th Canadian Food Summit 2015 focuses on how collectively, as well as individually, we can make the most of our plentiful opportunities in the food sector while enhancing healthy food, improving food safety, and addressing the challenges of household food security. It will feature the launch of the Conference Board’s 1st Annual Report Card on Food—Performance and Potential—our first-ever assessment of Canada’s national food performance compared to other leading countries. The Report Card will also showcase our progress on implementing the Canadian Food Strategy.
We are assembling an outstanding lineup of Canadian and international experts to share innovative insights and solutions to help improve our food sector performance domestically and globally—ensuring we make the most of our resources, talent and brand reputation to better meet the food needs of Canadians and people all over the world.
As a delegate you will:
- Take part in the launch of the Conference Board’s 1st Annual Report Card on Food, and hear about future Conference Board plans in the area of food.
- Gain insights from the Summit’s high-profile international keynote speakers who will share their novel perspectives on implementing national food strategies, engaging the key players to take action, building strategic partnerships, and tracking results.
- Learn about future opportunities and areas of potential growth for the food sector.
The 4th Canadian Food Summit will focus on these key themes:
- Industry Prosperity—Increasing the output and profitability of Canada’s food industry to contribute to national economic growth and our global competitiveness.
- Healthy Food—Improving the health of food products and the diets of Canadians as obesity and chronic diseases become an increasing concern.
- Food Safety—Ensuring that food safety is maintained throughout the supply chain as globalization grows.
- Household Food Security—Improving food security to ensure that all Canadians have access to safe, affordable and nutritious food.
- Environmental Sustainability—Sustaining the environment while increasing agricultural output as countries seek to feed their rapidly growing populations.
The details of this event are subject to change. Please revisit this page periodically for updated information.