5th Skills and Post-Secondary Education Summit 2017
International Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre •
JOIN US for the 5th Skills and Post-Secondary Education Summit 2017!
The Conference Board’s Centre for Skills and Post-Secondary Education (SPSE) invites you to join us for the 5th annual Skills and Post-Secondary Education Summit 2017 to to set goals, and identify roles and resources needed to build and maintain a world class PSE system that supplies the highly skilled and educated workforce Canada needs.
Your participation at this 2-day event will connect you with a wide variety of key stakeholders from across Canada to address the advanced skills, education, and competitiveness challenges facing Canada today. Leading experts will engage you in interactive discussions to define key issues, identify strategic goals, and establish concrete actions to achieve the changes we need in Canada’s PSE system.
The year's Summit will focus on setting goals, identifying stakeholder and institutional roles, and finding the resources needed for future success across various platforms of a national strategy for skills and PSE. The Summit program will explore the following themes:
- Implementing a national strategy for Skills and Post-Secondary Education―How can we build and maintain a world class PSE system that supplies the highly skilled and educated workforce we need?
- Leveraging Opportunities for Internationalization―How do we integrate the internationalization of PSE with the development of skill building in cross-cultural competencies, global interconnectivity, and virtual collaboration?
- Designing Multi-Disciplinary Collaborative Platforms―Who should champion them? Can we graft them on to existing networks?
- Engaging Employers in Skills Development―How can we better equip employers to build on the skills and education of the workforce and ensure they provide opportunities to grow and learn on the job?
- Identifying Needed Tools and Resources―What types of data would help the PSE system? How can reforms or changes be funded? How do we build an adaptable PSE system?
- Learning from Past Success and Best Practices―What can we learn from regional and national successes in terms of skills and post-secondary education policies, programs and practices?
As a participant, you will:
- Gain insights from the Summit’s high-profile speakers who will share their novel perspectives on implementing skills and PSE strategies, building strategic partnerships, and tracking outcomes
- Participate in consultations on stakeholder and institutional roles as well as the resources needed for future success across various platforms of a national strategy for skills and PSE
- Learn about the latest in skills and PSE programming as well as future directions from leading institutions and educators
- Meet industry leaders to discuss and debate significant industry-related issues that affect your organization and the future of PSE
- Share your best practices and insights with a broad range of PSE sector experts
Build Your Network
Connect with the key leaders and major industry players that can help you take your organization’s performance to the next level. Network, ask questions, and build relationships with expert speakers, business leaders and decision makers, government officials, civil society, and academics.
The details of this event are subject to change. Please revisit this page periodically for updated information.