The 2016 Better Workplace Conference: Making a Difference Through Transformation
Vancouver Convention Centre •
Creating Better Workplaces Requires Transformational Thinking
For 19 years The Better Workplace Conference has featured inspiring speakers on workplace wellness, leadership, change, mental health, corporate culture and a wide range of other issues critical to personal, team and organizational success. During that time it has built and nurtured a community of like-minded change agents who have combined their knowledge and experience with what they have learned at this event to make a difference.
For this 20th annual event we will celebrate that legacy by focussing on how we can enact change in the coming years to ensure that tomorrows workplace is better than today’s, that tomorrows employees are healthy and productive and that as individuals we are more resilient, more effective and happier in our work and lives.
Only The Better Workplace Conference Takes this Multi Level Approach—
Only at The Better Workplace Conference will you hear about transformation strategies that will inspire you, change the way you and your organization work and address the mental and physical wellbeing of employees.
Year after year at this event you can feel the energy as people from different industries and workplace roles meet to discuss their biggest challenges and greatest achievements. Wellness practitioners learn from change agents, and sit across from and alongside VP’s, HR, Presidents and CEO’s—all of them learning new perspectives and approaches—and making new friends.
Because A Better Workplace is a Journey Not a Destination
And that’s why “Transformation” is such a natural theme for this year’s event. Because the change will never end, there is always room for improvement—and as the environment changes so leaders have to become more proactive in changing their organizations not just to respond to external change but to anticipate it.
Numerous annual lists rightly celebrate the success of organizations that work hard to be among the best employers in Canada. We salute that achievement—but we also know that change comes about when we all strive for a common goal and when we have the tools to do so. And we know that no matter where you stand relative to your peers, there is always a case to be made to make that goal building a better workplace.
Three Streams, One Goal—Better Workplaces
To address how you can transform your company into a better workplace we have chosen three themes for the event. Our keynote plenaries will connect and reflect on these themes while select streams will allow you to dig deep into the issue that resonates most with you and the challenges you face.
Celebrating Past Successes Through Inspiring Tomorrow’s
2016 will build on the momentum of previous years as we aim to celebrate past successes and inspire now ones. For 2016 we will:
- Increase the number of real-life case studies. Every year this event gathers some wonderful external experts in change, wellness and leadership. In 2016 we are going to profile those making a difference within their organizations. So you will hear different perspectives for a richer understanding of the complexities of change.
- Carefully curate sessions by expert consultants. There is no shortage of experts offering advice on how to improve workplaces. We identify the thought leaders and the outside experts that can really help you and who have a unique perspective.
- Introduce new ideas. We never sit back and settle just for the tried and true—we seek out new ideas that inspire you and can give you the edge.
- Ensure you hear from a variety of speakers and experts. There’s no one right way to build a better workplace—no one size fits all model that you have to follow to reach your goal. We deliberately include as wide a range of experience as possible. Your world is complex and changing fast so we present you with the best examples of change so you can choose what will work for you.
- Focus on people. There are other events that will talk about technology, projects, processes and the like. Well we do too, but underlying all our discussions is the recognition that better workplaces are about the people who work there.
Building on success.
The Conference Board is Canada’s most respected independent research and conference development organization. This event attracts top change management thought leaders, and provides an insightful and enlightening learning experience for participants.
We’d like to thank our generous partners for their contribution to this event.
The details of this event are subject to change. Please revisit this page periodically for updated information.