The Better Workplace Conference 2015
Wednesday October 14 – Friday October 16 2015 • Hilton Lac-Leamy • Gatineau, Québec
Featuring Keynote Presentations by:
Dr. Graham S. Lowe
The Graham Lowe Group Inc.
Speaker and Author of “My Mother’s Daughter”
Peter R. Aceto
President and Chief Executive Office
Chief Executive Officer—Chief of Wow
While other events focus on specific workplace issues such as wellness, change, resilience, leadership, engagement or culture, only The Better Workplace Conference provides you with the multiple perspectives you can use to improve your workplace.
The challenge of building better workplaces has never been greater – but neither has the opportunity and promise of change. This event provides you with the insight to recognize the former and the tools to realize the latter.
An event designed to help you and your organization become the best it can be.
This event will help you succeed whether your role is to drive change, develop new leaders, improve wellness or create a vibrant corporate culture. It will help you navigate a world of opportunity as a new generation rises to leadership in organizations. You’’ be able to tap into the wisdom and energy of small and large organizations that are driving the HR and corporate agenda with their employee-focused policies. Employees are looking for greater freedom and many employers are delivering through initiatives such as Results Only Work Environments or the Holocracy of organizations such as Zappos and Netflix. Others are beginning to see the value of mindfulness, focusing on happiness at work, or creating greater flexibility.
Yet, despite this, many see themselves and their colleagues overworked as they face the multiple demands of an always-on workplace. Work-life balance remains an aspiration and repeated change management initiatives have sapped the energy of employees.
This event offers a guide for overcoming today’s most pressing workplace challenges and building a positive future for all employees.
For 18 years this event has driven a discussion about wellness, change, and corporate culture—aimed at creating a more engaged and healthier workforce. Other events address aspects of this issue, but only at The Better Workplace Conference will you hear from such a variety of top change and wellness practitioners. The unrivalled variety of the presentations and workshops offer the opportunity for new ways of seeing and doing that will deliver results for you and your employer.
Diverse perspectives, one singular aim—to build better workplaces.
Three themes, four keynotes, three in-depth workshops, six sponsor spotlights, nine interactive conference sessions. One goal.
This event has one aim—to equip you with the tools you need to ensure your future workplace is a better workplace.
To address this issue we have gathered an energetic, eclectic, experienced, expert line up of speakers. They will roll up their sleeves and dig deep into the issues to help you achieve your goals. Among the sessions you will hear will be:
- Peter Aceto the visionary CEO of Tangerine talking about his new book Weology and how collaboration is the key to success in the future workplace
- Leading Positive Psychology expert Jamie Gruman sharing how you can rethink your leisure activities and turn downtime into uptime
- Mental health pioneer Mary Ann Baynton will discuss her latest work on bullying in the workplace
- Happiness at work advocates Jennifer and Jim Moss will explain the ROI of happiness at work
- Experienced mediator Joy Noonan from the Denmark based Potential Project will be your guide on the value of meditation in the workplace
- Positivity advisor Deri Latimer will reinforce the message about happiness with her energetic advocacy of success through greater resilience
- Leading Conference Board researcher Louise Chenier will share the results of the Board’s latest research into the brain at work – research you can use to create healthier workplaces for your people
- David Couper and his client from Kaiser Permanente will explain the transformational power of coaching
- Ross Roxborough of The Niagara Institute and Donna Burnett Vachon from The Conference Board will combine to provide a practical guide to getting the best from your teams
- Dr. Bruce Ballon will use magic in his presentation on how best to cope with the onslaught of digital technology and hyperconnection that characterizes the modern workplace
- Tim Sitt of MOVE and author Dan Rubinstein will explore the current meme of “sitting is the new smoking” and explain how you can become more active at work and turn the simple act of walking into a transformative experience
- Tony Gareri, Chief Officer of Wow for Roma Moulding will close the event with a high energy exploration of what it possible in organizations if you decide to question all the rules
We’d like to thank our generous sponsors for their contribution to this event.
Joint Strategic Partners
The details of this event are subject to change. Please revisit this page periodically for updated information.