The Better Workplace Conference 2017
Beanfield Centre at Exhibition Place •
Join us for Canada's foremost even that will help you build a better workplace.
For more than 20 years, this event has been the premier forum for introducing and exploring concrete actions you can take to improve your workplace. This conference is not about who provides the best benefits package or who has the highest employee engagement scores. It’s about sharing experiences and learning from thought leaders and employers who are committed to making - Better Workplaces. You will learn practical strategies to improve how your leaders lead, and to better the experience of your employees and your customers, built on a strong foundation of better wellness for your organization.
After extensive consultation for 2017, we have identified three themes that capture the essentials of what it takes to become a better workplace now and in the future:
- Better Wellness
- Better Leaders
- Better Experience
The Better Workplace Conference is the forum to hear about the latest and most effective developments in workplace wellness. This year, Better wellness will be the foundational stream for the conference and will focus on the latest and future developments in personal and organizational wellness. Experts and executives will share successes and their vision of the future in this rapidly evolving field.
This stream will include sessions on issues such as:
- the use of apps and wearables in the workplace
- brain science and the link to wellness and managing change
- new research on sleep and fatigue
- the latest work in areas such as chronic illness
- innovations in addressing mental health in the workplace
- how to create a wellness culture in your organization
- defeating distraction in the workplace
It's simple really—better leaders build better workplaces and better workplaces are looking for a new kind of leader. In today's rapidly changing work environment, the old leadership paradigm is dead. This stream will explore how leadership is changing and what this means for you personally—what are the skills you need to master? What attributes do you need to show in the new, digitally enabled, virtual, collaborative workplace? How can you balance your life so that you can remain energized and engaged?
Participate in in-depth sessions on topics that will help you become a better leader and help your organization develop the kind of leaders we need for tomorrow:
- leaders in the new digital workplace
- being the leader you wish you had
- the new coaching and mentoring paradigm
- building belonging—what does it take to lead the diverse, inclusive workforce
- millennial take the reigns—how a new generation redefines leadership
- what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding—leading through courage, transparency, and empathy
While employee engagement remains a top priority for many organizations, leaders in the field are shifting their focus to the employee experience. The reason is simple - high performing organizations know that while employee engagement influences results, it is not enough to keep ahead of talent competition or achieve peak performance from your people. Now, and in the future, the war for talent will be won and lost on the field of employee experience. Improving that experience may just be your secret sauce. This stream will focus on the experience employees can have when they interact with organizations. You'll hear leading edge thinking and real life examples of issues such as:
- why engagement is no longer enough - time to focus on employee experience
- creating great workplace environments
- how to digitize to optimize employee experience
- building great cultures
- linking employee experience to a great customer experience and business results
- improving the employee experience through evaluating and acting on constant feedback
Are you ready for the workplace of the future?
Gain perspective on the workplace of the future from the leaders who are building it. From real success stories on employee wellness to examining the future of leadership as a new generation moves through the workforce, there will be no shortage of practical takeaways and inspiring conversations. Learn from leading Canadian organizations as they share how they are creating a better workplace, and what you can do to ensure you measure up.
We’d like to thank our generous partners for their contribution to this event.
The details of this event are subject to change. Please revisit this page periodically for updated information.