Business Innovation Summit 2013: Innovation for the Corporation
Fairmont Royal York •
The Conference Board’s Centre for Business Innovation (CBI) is hosting a major two-day summit on how to re-think, re-new and transform firm-level innovation in Canada.
Business innovation is one of the great issues affecting our country today, affecting all sectors of the economy and all regions.
The Conference Board of Canada established the Centre for Business Innovation (CBI) as a major initiative to help bring about significant improvements in firm-level business innovation in Canada. The CBI’s mission is to learn why Canada is not a leader in business innovation, to create insights for firms and capital markets that will help improve firm-level innovation, to generate evidence and track our performance, and to formulate public policies that will stimulate business innovation.
Achieving real gains in business innovation could generate enormous economic benefits, and reinvigorate Canada’s competitive position in the global economy. How can we achieve this goal?
The Business Innovation Summit is bringing together Canada’s innovation leaders and experts to discuss the latest research findings and share insights from other jurisdictions. It will explore the real-life challenges and opportunities of innovation within firms—and feature tangible solutions that work.
An exciting combination of high-profile keynote speakers, special interactive presentations and delegate-expert sharing will give participants unique insights and tools to improve innovation results in their own organizations. Discussions will focus on how firms can achieve real gains in business innovation that translate into economic benefits and a reinvigoration of our competitive position globally.
The Business Innovation Summit is international in scope, attracting presenters and participants from across Canada and around the world.
Key objectives of this event are to:
- Present the latest in-depth, comprehensive and objective research from the Centre for Business Innovation, and from national and international experts.
- Provide an open forum where challenges relating to firm-level innovation in Canada can be explored and solutions shared.
- Showcase innovative tools and best practices for businesses, governments, academia and their partners that will improve firm-level innovation.
- Stimulate new innovation partnerships by connecting experts and industry leaders.
The Summit is featuring four major themes:
- Firm-Level Best Practices for Innovation—showcasing the latest thinking, corporate best practices, strategies and tools to drive continuous innovation inside Canadian firms.
- Funding Innovation—accessing capital markets and creating partnerships to increase your innovation capacity through better funding.
- Developing Human Capital—creating and fostering a culture of innovation within your organization, and developing the skills and attitudes to achieve innovation results.
- Measuring Firm-Level Innovation—using effective metrics and measurements to help improve your corporate innovation results.
In Partnership With
The details of this conference are subject to change. Please revisit this page periodically for updated information.