Become a Member
Who Should Join
The Canadian Alliance for Sustainable Health Care (CASHC) appeals to investors from both the private and public sectors. Private sector firms have a major interest in a well-functioning health care system that is funded from the broad tax base. If the health care system begins to erode significantly, or if the fiscal burden becomes untenable, the cost of providing health care to employees could be passed increasingly to employers. Private sector investment in CASHC can help to mitigate that financial risk. It can also help to reduce potential financial liabilities related to employee health and health care, while building an alliance in support of the ongoing transformation of the health care system. Moreover, CASHC will contribute to enhanced firm-level performance by examining the relationship between overall health spending, employee health, and firm performance and productivity. This relationship will become increasingly important as Canadian firms seek to boost their competitiveness to address the structural challenges of an aging workforce and a strong currency.
Public sector organizations and associations that are stakeholders in the health care system are also encouraged to invest. The participation of these investors, which have a vested interest in health care, helps to ensure that CASHC undertakes a balanced and holistic approach to research that reflects their priorities and concerns.
- Deloitte & Touche LLP
- Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care
- Ministère des Finances et de l'Économie (Quebec)
- Pfizer Canada Inc.
- Provincial Health Services Authority (British Columbia)
- Sun Life Financial
- Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (Ontario)
- Alberta Health
- British Columbia Ministry of Health
- Green Shield Canada
- Health Canada
- Johnson & Johnson Medical Companies/ Janssen Inc. Canada
- LifeLabs Medical Laboratory Services
- Loblaw Companies Limited
- Mercer (Canada) Limited
- The Co-operators Group Limited
- The Great-West Life Assurance Company
- Workers Compensation Board of Nova Scotia
- Xerox Canada Ltd.
| || |
- Alzheimer Society of Canada
- Canadian Association for Retired Persons (CARP)
- Canadian Blood Services
- Canadian Dental Association
- Canadian Medical Association
- Canadian Nurses Association
- Centric Health
- Consumer Health Products Canada
- Innovative Medicines Canada
- Manitoba Health
- Neighbourhood Pharmacy Association of Canada
- The Arthritis Society
- Trillium Health Partners
- Workplace Safety & Prevention Services
Contact us to learn how your organization can become involved in the Canadian Alliance for Sustainable Health Care.