Associate Director,Workplace Health, Wellness and Safety Research
We are seeking an Associate Director to join our team leading the research and programs in the areas of Workplace Health, Wellness and Safety. As part of the larger Organizational Performance division, the Workplace Health Research Team is studying the links between the business success of Canada’s employers and the health, wellness, and safety of their employees.
The ideal candidate will have significant knowledge and understanding of workplace health and wellness. The Associate Director will play a critical role in building and expanding the research portfolio of the team. The successful candidate will bring management and business development expertise, solid research, analytical and advanced writing skills, as well as energy, passion and commitment.
Reporting to the Vice-President, this permanent full-time position is located in Ottawa and is available immediately.
As the Associate Director, you will demonstrate creativity, foresight and mature judgment in independently anticipating and solving problems. You will draw on your knowledge and experience of workplace health, wellness, and safety practices as well as knowledge of emerging issues, and trends. In addition to subject matter expertise, you will have the capacity to develop a knowledge intensive business to its full potential. You will work closely with customers, internal and external stakeholders in order to deliver high quality research and related programs. You will:
- Work closely with the divisional management team in providing vision and leadership in advancing and growing the workplace health portfolio of research and programs.
- Successfully execute on strategy to achieve goals.
- Manage the budget and related reporting requirements of the workplace health programs.
- Collaborate with the Vice-President, workplace health team and fellow directors to identify and secure new business opportunities.
- Oversee and lead research projects varying in size, scope and complexity, utilizing various qualitative/quantitative research methodologies (literature reviews, benchmarking, interviews, case studies, surveys, models, and quantitative methods).
- Contribute to the Board's body of knowledge by publishing briefings and reports.
- Provide leadership to the members of the Council of Workplace Health and Wellness and Health and Safety Leadership Centre, facilitate meetings and dialogue among executives from the private and public sectors. Work closely with the team to support the design and execution of the annual meetings program, and to identify special events ie: workshops and/or webinars.
- Embrace the role of spokesperson for the Board speaking with authority and credibility at conferences, seminars, roundtables and media interviews.
- Communicate effectively with senior executives.
- Anticipate customer needs and develop new products.
- Demonstrate sound project and financial management.
Skills and Qualifications
- A Master degree in a related field, combined with a minimum of six years experience in a professional research or consulting environment.
- Solid understanding of workplace health and wellness policy and practices, including challenges and issues facing Canadian organizations in both private and public sectors.
- Proven success at business development including the capacity to grow a business.
- Demonstrated success at the development and delivery of strategic goals and objectives, and for reporting/business acumen and effectively managing a small team.
- A network of contacts with thought leaders and key national and international peer organizations.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels to communicate research findings and specialized advisory services.
- Demonstrated understanding of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies.
- Experience with managing complex projects from inception to completion.
- Proficiency in an MS Office environment.
- Availability to travel within Canada is required.
- Bilingualism would be a definite asset.
We thank all applicants who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply for this position