About This Network
The Quality Network for Universities offers participating universities a unique forum for exploring important issues in higher education—unique because it brings together provosts and vice-presidents, associate provosts and associate vice-presidents, often with leaders from other sectors, to pool experience and debate alternatives to the issues they face.
Through the Network, participants can:
- Identify new opportunities and strategies around topics critical to the university mission and to organizational effectiveness generally, drawing on research and leading practice from across sectors
- Debate the implications of national and international trends, meeting with policy makers and leading thinkers shaping the public policy framework influencing universities’ choices
- Engage in candid discussion of common challenges with colleagues and leaders from various sectors and Network informally with colleagues.
- Access the expertise of The Conference Board of Canada in support of internal initiatives.
Who Should Join
Universities committed to innovation and change. Members are interested in challenging ideas, new insights into important institutional issues and the opportunity to engage with peers from across mandates, disciplines and sectors.
- One 2-day meeting on a Canadian university campus; one week-long international experiential study tour; member dinner + complimentary access to the Conference Board’s annual skills and education summit.
- Related services: access to Conference Board research and convening expertise as well as agenda development; partnership and collaboration opportunities; knowledge mobilization and communications capacity.
Recent Topics and Themes
- Innovation Study Tours to San Francisco and the Bay Area and to Sweden and Finland.
- Gender Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion in Canadian PSE
- The Future of the University
- Enhancing the Student Experience
- Internationalization and Research Partnerships
- Institutional Sustainability