Wednesday, November 1, 2017 • The Conference Board of Canada • 255 Smyth Rd. • Ottawa, ON
This program will introduce and define the concept of agile learning leadership and its relationship to having a strategic mindset—making decisions now in a timely manner that will lead the organization toward its future objectives. Growing your leaders’ willingness and capability to look, plan and move into the future with clear intentions and purposeful actions
Strategic agility implies:
- A strategic mindset—looking more broadly when solving problems and making decisions.
- Thinking in multiple time frames, balancing things now with planning for the future
- Thinking systematically, making connections, and understanding the impact of decisions on other parts of the organization
Participants Will Strengthen Their Ability To:
- Expand their capacity for agile leadership, learn to seek out and make the most of new opportunities, adopt a growth mindset, and accelerate learning thinking and innovation.
- Develop the foresight to act decisively and courageously in ambiguous and complex situations.
- Increase their willingness and capability to look, plan, and move into the future with clear intent and purposeful action, focusing on both the short and long term.
- Build internal capability to redeploy resources, make bold decisions quickly, and collaborate with others to produce innovative win-win solutions.
Who Should Attend
Mid to senior level managers dealing with significant complexity in their daily work environment.
This program has been designed and is delivered by Palma Robinson, a Senior Executive Coach and Facilitator with The Niagara Institute, and an Organizational Development Consultant with over 20 years of experience. She is President of Developing Leaders. Palma’s strength lies in the ability to propose and facilitate personal change initiatives that empower individuals to make important choices, taking positive action in their lives as leaders.
Workshop start: 9 a.m.
Overview of program: Develop ways to expand learning agile leadership.
I. Enterprise Leadership: The Shifting Context of Leadership
- New demands; complexity, anticipating and adapting.
- New set of competencies required for the 21st century. Self awareness; ambiguity tolerance, learning agility.
- Simulation exercise: learning from experience
- The Business Case. Group exercise: What are you seeing? What is changing? What do we need to do more of?
II. Leading Self: A Model of Learning Agility
- Individual attributes, cognitive and behavioural processes, contextual and environmental factors
- Nine (9) Dimensions of Learning Agility
- Review Personal Profile: The Learning Agility Questionnaire For Managers
- Debrief and self reflection: expanding learning agility
III. Leading Others—The Strategic Conversation: Team Collaboration
- Part 1 and 2: Case Study
- Debrief and reflection: Lessons learned, applying them to new challenges and opportunities
IV. Leading Others Continued—The Strategic Conversation: Case Study Part 3
- Debrief and group reflection: Engaging colleagues to generate alternate strategies, tactics, and resources.
- Presentation: Factors that Enhance Learning Agile Leadership
- Role of context
- Role of feedback
- Reflection: Making meaning out of experience.
V. The Strategic Conversation: Strategic Priorities
- Debrief: New approaches to improve agile learning
- Individual reflection: Agile for The Future
- Priority planning
Workshop concludes: 5 p.m.
The details of this event are subject to change. Please revisit this page periodically for updated information.