Hear what delegates had to say about our sold-out Marijuana @ Work conference in February!
Canada will become the first G7 country to legalize the recreational use of cannabis. Marijuana legalization brings several economic, regulatory, social and health challenges for Canadian workplaces. At the same time, the use of medical marijuana is becoming more common place. The accommodation of medical marijuana is emerging as a prevalent issue facing Canadian workplaces.
Is your organization ready?
- Do you understand cannabis potency, strains, and active ingredients?
- Are your organizational policies and procedures up-to-date?
- Should you be testing your employees?
- What is the potential impact on your organizational culture?
This conference is focused on a variety of aspects that will impact Canadian workplaces, and highlight practical implications, considerations, and best practices for employers.
Hear from experienced professionals who understand the law, and have advised organizations on how to prepare for the future.
Learn from industry leaders and experts with practical advice and tips on how your organization can prepare for the new reality, anticipate potential pitfalls, and educate you on what to anticipate as Canada moves in this new direction.
Conference sessions will include:
- Understanding the potential impact on workplace productivity and safety.
- The implications and practical applications of Bill C-45—the Cannabis Act.
- A critical look at workplace policies and procedures as they relate to the recreational use of marijuana.
- Testing in the workplace—can you or should you, do it?
- The employer’s duty to accommodate medical marijuana in the workplace.
- The social implications of workplace culture.
- Private behaviour and your public brand.
- Best practices to engage all stakeholders.
We’d like to thank our generous sponsors for their contribution to this event.
The details of this event are subject to change. Please revisit this page periodically for updated information.