Mindful Leadership Series
Mindful Leadership Fundamentals
Wednesday, January 31, 2018 • Albany Club • 91 King Street East • Toronto, ON
The Niagara Institute Partnership with Maria Gonzalez and Gaetano Geretto
Mindfulness is the skill of being present and aware. This skill empowers a leader to stay focused and concentrate regardless of circumstances, as well as to remain calm in stressful situations. This program introduces participants to the fundamentals of being a mindful leader.
Using formal mindfulness techniques, including micro-meditations, and strategies for applying mindfulness to every interaction, participants will learn how to manage stress, create calm, and become more focused and present in their daily interactions.
This program trains the participant to sustain high performance and be resilient, regardless of circumstance. The skills developed in this program will enhance one’s ability to lead successful meetings, speak and listen mindfully, successfully negotiate deals, improve time management and team effectiveness, and improve judgment and decision-making.
Participants Will Strengthen Their Ability To:
- Focus and remain present, regardless of circumstances;
- Regulate emotions under stressful conditions;
- Reduce and manage stress;
- Conduct mindful meetings, thereby increasing productivity;
- Apply mindfulness to all aspects of one’s day and responsibilities;
- Create a plan to develop mindfulness skills, including mindful interactions.
This program incorporates traditional learning with individual work, and small group interaction. It focuses on practical exercises that allow participants to apply their learnings to both their personal and professional environments immediately.
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for both experienced and new managers/leaders. It is appropriate for anyone who is in a position to influence and who desires the ability to sustain high performance and be resilient, regardless of circumstances.
Each Participant Will Takeaway
- A copy of Maria’s book, Mindful Leadership: The 9 Ways to Self-Awareness, Transforming Yourself, and Inspiring Others
- Access to The Mindful Leadership App
- Harvard Business Review Articles on Mindful Leadership by Maria Gonzalez
The details of this event are subject to change. Please revisit this page periodically for updated information.