Manager, Council of Human Resources Executives
The Conference Board of Canada enjoys a strong reputation for bringing together executives and experts in a dynamic learning environment. The Conference Board’s executive networks provide high-touch, content rich, relationship-based experiences that connect peers from both the private and public sectors.
We are seeking a Manager who will support the management of The Council of Human Resources Executives (HR Council) and the successful delivery of products and services related to this executive network. Demonstrated knowledge of strategic human resources issues is required. This is a progressive role with the opportunity for increased responsibility and accountability.
To provide background, the HR Council is one of the largest and longest standing executive networks at the Conference Board – with about 140 member organizations represented. The HR Council offers a unique leadership development opportunity for senior human resources executives. With two chapters – Eastern and Western Canada – we convene the largest number of HR executives in Canada. The meetings enable members to network with their peers and hear from today’s thought leaders on topical HR issues and trends. Network membership is reserved for senior human resource leaders with responsibility for the function in their organization.
Reporting to the Principal Research Associate / Network Manager, this is a permanent full-time position located in Ottawa and is available immediately.
The successful candidate will display credibility, maturity, confidence and professionalism. You have experience working in a professional customer focused environment, bring energy and enthusiasm to deliver high quality services, possess strong business development skills and are an accomplished networker and spokesperson.
The ability to successfully operate a business model based on recruiting new members to the Conference Board’s executive networks and maintaining the existing membership base is essential. To be successful in this role will require a commitment to and sustained business development mindset in order to meet annual revenue targets for the Council – this includes: identifying prospects; contacting them via email, telephone, or in-person meeting; and successfully inviting them to join the group. You have an entrepreneurial flare and enjoy business development.
- In partnership with the Principal Research Associate/Network Manager you will have shared responsibility and accountability for the success of the HR Council and the delivery of services to those members including:
- Recruiting new members and retaining existing members in order to meet revenue and membership and customer satisfaction targets for the network.
- Co-developing the annual meetings program by identifying the top issues and assembling the best speakers and agendas meeting and/or exceeding members expectations and achieving customer satisfaction targets.
- Writing meeting summaries and/or executive summaries.
- Identify trends and stay on top of areas of expertise/responsibility of the network members.
- Identify and deliver on customer relationship management strategies and initiatives.
- Working with Conference Board researchers to ensure research is being completed in support of the network's mandate.
- Identifying, coordinating and facilitating between-meeting services on relevant topics (e.g. webinars, conference calls, focus groups).
- Ensuring members-only websites and other communication vehicles are maintained and updated;
- Preparing and delivering presentations.
- The ability to undertake and/or support research projects of varying complexity using the appropriate qualitative or quantitative research methodology (literature reviews, benchmarking, interviews, case studies, surveys, models, and quantitative methods) would be a strong asset.
Skills & Qualifications
- A master’s degree or equivalent experience with CPHR or CHRP designation, accompanied by solid content knowledge/practical experience in the area of strategic human resources.
- Demonstrated business development, sales skills, customer relationship management techniques and results.
- A minimum of four years’ experience in a professional, customer-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of meeting design, facilitation, adult learning principles and experience with a variety of meeting formats.
- Effective communication skills, comfortable speaking to executive level audiences.
- Natural ability and willingness to share ideas and learnings with members and colleagues.
- Solid project management skills.
- An accomplished networker and spokesperson with the ability to influence.
- Advanced writing skills and proficiency in synthesizing complex concepts and information from a variety of sources and a quick study on a breadth of topics.
- Ability to travel within Canada is a requirement.
- Demonstrated research experience utilizing both qualitative and quantitative research methods an asset.
- Bilingualism is a definite asset.
We thank all applicants who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply for this position