We are seeking a Meetings Coordinator to support a number of executive networks and workshops within the Organizational Performance research team. The successful candidate will have experience in meeting planning and solid organizational and multi-tasking abilities. An eye for detail and customer focus orientation is required. Your talents include a professional, customer centric approach to everything you do, appreciation for quality standards, creativity, resourcefulness and attention to detail.
Reporting to the Director, Total Rewards, Workplace Health and Wellness, and Industrial Relations Research, this is a full-time permanent opportunity located in Ottawa and is available immediately.
This position provides meeting coordination and logistical support to the Conference Board’s executive networks and well as it’s educational workshops. Working collaboratively with the Network and Workshop Manager(s) you will:
- Coordinate all pre, during and post meeting logistics including member, speaker and hotel/venue requirements.
- Work closely with Network and Workshop Manager(s) on member correspondence, preparation and coordination of all meeting information and materials.
- Ensure members only websites are kept current and updated as required.
- Liaise with outside suppliers including hotels to ensure all meeting details and logistics are accurate/confirmed including contract review, event orders, billing instructions and invoice review.
- Respond to member and general inquiries and ensure follow-up has taken place.
- Provide on-site meeting support as required.
- Support webinar program for assigned networks and act as back-up for other division webinars.
- Track and review accounts payable and receivable for assigned networks.
- Provide administrative support as related to the assigned networks, including support on recruitment related activities and ensuring marketing materials are kept current.
Skills & Qualifications
- A college diploma or certification in meeting planning or event management.
- 2 years of related experience in a professional organizational environment with demonstrated experience in meeting/event planning and management is ideal.
- Outstanding organizational skills, flexibility and problem solving skills.
- Ability to handle changing priorities and to work under pressure with minimum supervision.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with all levels of internal and external contacts.
- Excellent technical skills including above average proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Some understanding of accounting procedures and invoicing is an asset.
- Excellent spelling, grammar, proof-reading and administrative skills.
- A strong customer-service orientation with a desire to exceed customer expectations.
- Ability to travel within Canada is a requirement.
- Bilingualism is an asset.
We thank all applicants who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply for this position