Strategic Workforce Planning Workshop
Thursday, March 8, 2018 • UBC Robson Square • Vancouver, B.C.
Strategic Workforce Planning is the analytic, forecasting, and planning process that connects and directs talent management activities ensuring an organization has the proper human resource capital to execute its business strategy. Learn how organization are determining workforce needs further than 2 years out, and getting it right. Canada’s top organizations have come to rely on Conference Board data as a dependable source of external information to provide a reasonability check of internal practices, and support business and strategic planning.
Through this full-day workshop, based on the acclaimed research conducted by Mary Young of Conference Board Inc., participants will gain an overview of SWP; learn the three practical techniques of SWP and how to apply them in your organization; and develop an action plan—the foundation of your future success.
During the workshop, you will have the opportunity to develop skills that will:
- Align and integrate strategic workforce planning with your business strategy
- Determine workforce gaps and prepare accordingly
- Put in place contingency plans to ensure organizational agility
- Conduct economic, market, and competitive environment scans for near term and long-term planning
- Develop compelling talent scenarios that drive action
About the Facilitators
Stacy Chapman is a Senior Fellow, Human Capital at The Conference Board Inc. Stacy supports the Human Capital Practice which includes The Conference Board Human Capital Exchange™
research, conferences, webcasts, and programs in a broad spectrum of human capital areas. Stacy was the founder of strategic workforce planning vendor Aruspex, which she started in 2003 to solve the challenge of SWP.
Shannon Jackson is the Associate Director of the HR Transformation team at The Conference Board of Canada. For more than 20 years, Shannon has been helping organizations build better practices related to talent management, transitioning the workforce, and HR effectiveness. Shannon and her team are focused on researching workforce strategies and analytics and the impact of the digital economy on Human Capital strategies and practices.
Who Should Attend
- VPs, directors and managers of human resources, talent acquisition and recruitment, organizational development, strategy and workforce planning
- Strategic HR partners
- Business line managers and executives
- High-potential and high-performing human capital and business practitioners
- Future leaders in the disciplines of HR, OD or the business line
The details of this event are subject to change. Please revisit this page periodically for updated information.