Economist, Industrial Economic Trends
The Conference Board of Canada is recognized worldwide for its expertise in economic forecasting, modeling and analysis. The Economic Trends Division provides quarterly economic forecasts to help our customers understand and anticipate the short and long-term trends in the domestic economic environment.
Reporting to the Director, this is a full-time opportunity, available immediately. This position will be located in our Ottawa or Calgary office depending on the successful candidate’s preference.
A key part of this role will be supporting the forecasting and analysis products and services for the oil and gas sector including (but not limited to):
- Conduct economic analyses and produce high quality work requiring accuracy in calculations, completeness of data and adherence to prescribed methodology.
- Filter large amounts of information/research and stay current on issues affecting assigned areas of responsibility.
- Assist and contribute to research projects both independently and as part of a team.
- Prepare reports on assigned sectors for internal or external customers.
- Develops relationships with customers and consistently deliver superior customer service.
- Prioritize multi-task and work effectively to meet deadlines.
Skills & Qualifications
- A Masters degree in Economics is required.
- Experience with EViews software.
- 3-5 years of experience in analysis and quantitative economics research.
- Experience or interest in financial analysis would be an asset.
- Advanced communication skills (both oral and written).
- Strong research skills and a demonstrated proficiency in synthesizing complex concepts and information from a variety of sources.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with all levels of internal and external contacts and customers.
- Programming skills/experience.
- Proficiency in a Microsoft Office environment.
We thank all applicants who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply for this position