Senior Economist, Provincial and Territorial Forecast Service
The Conference Board of Canada is recognized worldwide for its expertise in economic forecasting, modeling and analysis. The Provincial and Territorial Economic Forecast Division provides quarterly economic forecasts to help our customers understand and anticipate the short and long-term trends in the provinces and territories. We also produced a number of financed custom research projects.
Reporting to the Director, this is a full-time opportunity, available immediately. This position will be located in our Ottawa office.
We are looking for candidates with 5 years of work experience or more who bring a solid understanding of applied economics, strong technical skills, and advanced written and oral communication skills. To be successful in this position you will display mature judgment, are committed to high quality work, and can work effectively in a professional team environment.
Contribute to the production of the forecasting and analysis products and services supplied by the department including (but not limited to):
- Conduct economic analyses and produce high quality work requiring accuracy in calculations, completeness of data and adherence to prescribed methodology.
- Filter large amounts of information/research and stay current on issues affecting assigned areas of responsibility, provinces and territories.
- Work independently on custom research projects with a minimum of supervision.
- Prepare reports on assigned sectors for internal or external customers.
- Develops relationships with customers and consistently deliver superior customer service.
- Enhance provincial model shock properties.
- Prioritize work, multi-task and work effectively to meet deadlines.
Skills & Qualifications
- Masters degree in Economics is required.
- 5 years or more of experience in analysis and quantitative economics research.
- Excellent writing skills—ability to write in a concise manner and written work requires a minimum of editing.
- Advanced communication skills both oral and written, show creativity in communications.
- Strong research skills and a demonstrated proficiency in synthesizing complex concepts and information from a variety of sources.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with all levels of internal and external contacts and customers.
- Programming skills/experience.
- Proficiency in a Microsoft Office environment.
- Experience with EViews software is an asset.
We thank all applicants who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply for this position