Economist, Provincial and Territorial Forecast Service
The Conference Board of Canada is recognized worldwide for its expertise in economic forecasting, modeling and analysis. The Provincial and Territorial Economic Forecast Division provides quarterly economic forecasts to help our customers understand and anticipate the short and long-term trends in the provinces and territories. We also produced a number of financed custom research projects.
Reporting to the Director, this is a full-time opportunity, available immediately. This position will be located in our Ottawa office.
We are looking for candidates who bring a solid understanding of applied economics, strong technical skills, and advanced written and oral communication skills. To be successful in this position you will display mature judgment, are committed to high quality work, and can work effectively in a professional team environment.
A key part of this role will be supporting the forecasting and analysis products and services supplied by the department including (but not limited to):
- Conduct economic analyses and produce high quality work requiring accuracy in calculations, completeness of data and adherence to prescribed methodology.
- Filter large amounts of information/research and stay current on issues affecting assigned areas of responsibility, provinces and territories.
- Assist and contribute to custom research projects both independently and as part of a team.
- Prepare reports on assigned sectors for internal or external customers.
- Develops relationships with customers and consistently deliver superior customer service.
- Prioritize work, multi-task and work effectively to meet deadlines.
Skills & Qualifications
- A Masters degree in Economics is required.
- Experience with EViews software is an asset.
- 3-5 years of experience in analysis and quantitative economics research.
- Advanced communication skills (both oral and written). Show creativity in reports and ability to write in a concise matter.
- Strong research skills and a demonstrated proficiency in synthesizing complex concepts and information from a variety of sources.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with all levels of internal and external contacts and customers.
- Programming skills/experience.
- Proficiency in a Microsoft Office environment.
- Bilingualism is an asset.
We thank all applicants who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply for this position