Senior Research Associate, Workplace Health, Wellness and Safety Research
We are seeking a Senior Research Associate to join our Workplace Health Research Team. As part of the larger Organizational Performance division, the Workplace Health Research Team is studying the links between the business success of Canada’s employers and the health and wellness of their employees.
The successful candidate will have thorough knowledge and understanding of key issues in the area of workplace health and wellness and play a critical role in building and expanding the research portfolio of the team. As a Senior Research Associate, you will demonstrate creativity, foresight and mature judgment in independently anticipating and solving problems. Solid research, writing, facilitation, project management, business development and customer relationship management skills are essential.
Reporting to the Director, Workplace Health, Total Rewards and Labour Relations Research, this is a full-time permanent position located in Ottawa and is available immediately
- Undertakes, leads and provides guidance on research projects.
- Conducts research utilizing various qualitative and/or quantitative research methodologies (literature reviews, benchmarking, interviews, case studies, surveys, models, and quantitative methods).
- Authors reports, articles and commentaries.
- Designs, implements and analyzes surveys; conducts quantitative and statistical analyses.
- Communicates effectively with team members, colleagues, research advisors, external stakeholders, and customers.
- Delivers excellence in product and customer service.
- Presents research findings to external customers and stakeholders.
- Works closely with the Director and other research staff to ensure high quality and timely delivery of products and services.
- Works with the Director to actively identify business development opportunities, produce winning proposals and secure research contracts.
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum of six years of research experience in a professional applied research environment as well as a demonstrated passion for research and writing.
- A Master’s degree in a related field.
- Published work in the area of workplace health and wellness is a definite asset.
- Demonstrated understanding of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies.
- Advanced writing skills with the ability to write clearly, concisely and quickly.
- Experience in business development and/or seeking funding for research is a definite asset.
- Ability to present research and expertise at events or webinars is an asset.
- Ability to set priorities, work under pressure, deliver high quality results and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated success in handling multiple responsibilities.
- A strong sense of teamwork, professionalism and customer focus.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications.
- Ability to travel is required.
- Bilingualism would be an asset.
We thank all applicants who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply for this position